Thursday, October 30, 2014

IELTS General Writing: formal phrases

IELTS General Writing: formal phrases

Here are some formal phrases that I've used in previous lessons. See if you can use them in your own letters:
Beginning the letter by explaining why you are writing:
  • I am writing with regard to...
  • I am writing to inform you that...
  • I am writing to bring to your attention some issues with...
Requesting or suggesting something:
  • I have decided that I would like you to...
  • I am entitled to ask for...
  • I was wondering if it would be possible (for me) to...
  • I hope that you will...
  • I would like to suggest that...
Ending the letter with a request for action:
  • I look forward to receiving your response.
  • I await your prompt response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews